2023 Election Dates
- The Primary Election is on June 6, 2023 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The General Election is on November 7, 2023 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
New Jersey law now requires Early Voting for both the Primary and General Elections. Early Voting will be In Person, Machine-Voting.
For the General Election the law requires 9 days of Early Voting.
For the Primary Election the law requires:
- 3 Days of Early Voting in a non-Presidential Election year
- 5 Days of Early Voting in a Presidential Election year
For a complete list of Early Voting locations and hours, click here.
You can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years old by the next election
- You will be a resident of the State and county for 30 days prior to the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
To register to vote, complete the Voter Registration Application and follow the mailing instructions on the form. New Jersey law mandates that the deadline for voter registration is 21 days prior to an election.
- Tuesday, May 16th - Last day to register to vote in the June Primary Election
- Tuesday, Oct 17th - Last day to register to vote in the General Election
Registration forms must be postmarked by the date noted above or received by the Municipal Clerk no later than the date noted above.
Vote By Mail
New Jersey voters can choose to vote by mail. A paper ballot mailed directly to your home. You then complete the ballot and mail it directly to the County Board of Elections.
To sign up for Vote By Mail, complete the Vote By Mail Application and follow the mailing instructions on the form.
Please note that, according to state law, any voter who receives a Vote-By-Mail Ballot will not be permitted to vote on a voting machine on Election Day. Voters can either utilize the Vote-By-Mail Ballot they receive or vote on a paper provisional ballot at the polls on Election Day.
- Tuesday, May 30th - Last day to apply by mail for a Mail-In Ballot for the Primary Election
- Tuesday, Oct 31st - Last day to apply by mail for a Mail-In Ballot for the General Election
Additionally, the Union County Clerk's office accepts In-Person requests for a Mail-In ballot up to 3:00 pm, the day PRIOR TO the election.
No longer want to Vote-By-Mail...
If you are currently a Vote-by-Mail voter and you would like to vote In Person, you MUST notify the County Clerk IN WRITING using the OPT OUT form. If you already received a Mail In Ballot, you will be opting out for future election.
Secure Ballot Drop Boxes
A Ballot Drop Box is located at the Kenilworth Recreation Building (575 Boulevard).
Ballot drop boxes are ADA compliant, under camera surveillance 24/7 and all ballots are picked up by a bi-partisan team of UCBOE employees every day.
To see a complete list of all Union County Secure Drop Box Locations
For more information on voting and elections in New Jersey, visit the Union County Board of Elections website at: www.ucnj.org/board-of-elections.